Wednesday, December 17, 2008

a welcome email


This morning while reading through my emails after getting out of bed I saw an email from Stevens Pass. Yes it is one of the first things I do in the morning - don't even ask. This means the ski season is ready to officially begin tomorrow. Unfortunately I will be working on the 1st and 2nd day of ski season but day 3 and 4 are open.

It isn't too often that the emails I see first thing in the morning leave a big grin on my face but this one certainly did. Ski season has arrived - late - but is here.

Finally all of our extremely cold weather is paying off and snow has arrived in the mountains. We have had very cold temperatures here in the Seattle area since Saturday evening - in the 20's and not getting above freezing. My water feature is still frozen solid for the 4th day in a row. And it doesn't look like it will be thawing anytime soon if those weather forecasters can be trusted.

I know that doesn't seem cold to many but I live in the Puget Sound area which claims a mild temperate climate. I certainly didn't get the high 90's or even 80's for my summer so I shouldn't have to deal with the 20's. If I get really cold weather I should have received extra summer days as compensation but that certainly did not happen this summer.

After all I live in this area for a reason - and I shouldn't have to scrape the ice off my car or worry about wearing my ski clothes except when I am actually in for a day of skiing.

But now I will be wearing ski clothes to actually ski. I am looking forward to my first run of the 2008/2009 ski season. Lets just hope my thighs are ready for the 10th and 11th runs. Somehow I doubt it but that is why they have lodges.

No comments: