Sunday, December 28, 2008

christmas roundup


Christmas is now over for another year and I can finally begin to put away my decorations though even I think the house looks a little lonely after they are all gone.
We spent Christmas at my parents house on San Juan Island. Turns out this may be the last Christmas on an island since it is for sale now in spite of all the protests of their children. How are you going to top living on the water on an island? I think that is going to be hard to beat myself and have done my best to convince them but my sales skills must be a bit rusty.

Levi and Justin both got Nintendo DS's. Justin got his stocking first and got a game but didn't have his DS yet - talk about Santa playing a mean trick. Luckily the big guy came through and they both got their own. The problem was that I didn't get one as well and the little dudes weren't so into sharing with me as often as I would have liked. I didn't have Dave's talent of getting through the levels so they knew I wasn't the one to ask when they got stuck after they saw me play the first time.

I had a serious case of DS envy and desperately needed my own. I would say Sam was just a bit hooked on Super Mario as well. Whenever the adults got a chance at all we grabbed it to try and play before it got taken away from us again. Luckily Levi didn't need to play his for 10 hours straight. It was even more of a reason to get the kids to bed so we could pounce on their games.

I had to wait until Saturday evening to finally get one of my own. Actually that was the first opportunity as we left on Saturday afternoon. I am now the owner of my own DS and I now just have to share with Sam. Luckily we got him a Wii car racing game so that has been occupying his time.

For me Santa just came a few days late. Hope everyone else got all that they asked Santa for. Next time I will know that if my nephews are getting any type of electronics I will need to purchase my own in advance so I don't have to share or figure out a way to con the little dudes out of their new toy.

Now if only Spanish coach would be back in stock. I somehow think this game will suddenly teach me enough Spanish is 2 1/2 weeks that I will be fluent in Mexico.

No comments: