Wednesday, December 24, 2008

merry christmas eve


Merry Christmas Eve! It actually looks like it will be a white one even though the rain is threatening to melt some of the snow. But since we have over 10" I am thinking it will take a bit and it will still be white.

I am sad that it is raining instead of snowing right now but we have had snow for the past week so I have had it stay around. Right now it is starting to fall off the roof in big chunks making some pretty entertaining noises now that I am out of bed. Early this morning it didn't sound quite so good.

It is definitely still on the streets of Seattle. Yesterday I drove Sam to work since I wanted to run some errands and of course get in a bit of shopping, with snow like this in the streets I actually found parking spots this time of year. Even more reason to love this white stuff.

The streets were a mess - tons of hills were shut down. I had to have Sam walk up to meet me as I couldn't find a hill to drive down that was open without driving around the whole city and coming up on a different highway.

Those 27 snow plows aren't keeping pace at all. In Issaquah the roads have been plowed - which meant we couldn't sled down the big hill since there wasn't enough snow left - even our street but not in Seattle. It was a four wheeling adventure since sometimes one side of the truck was on pavement and the other side on 12" of snow and ice. Just think of huge potholes made with snow.

So it seems our snow adventure is coming to a close. We are leaving for San Juan Island this afternoon to head up to my parents. Not taking the boat - well not our boat - but there is a boat involved with the ferry if that counts at all. We wouldn't arrive until after the presents had been opened and the meal eaten if we took our boat so this time we will have another captain drive us there this time.

We are coming back with 2 little dudes with us for a few days. Levi told us that what he really wanted for Christmas was for his mom to clean his room every day for a week. Tanya said Santa couldn't make her do something but he replied that Santa is magic and he certainly could. Somehow I think this is one Christmas wish that won't come true no matter how hard he wishes.

Now for legos and Nintendo DS that is another story - I think Santa can make that happen even without a fireplace at Nana's house. Am hoping Santa thinks I have been good enough for my Christmas wish to come true - a week in sunny Playa del Carmen. Thanks Santa Sam!

No comments: