Monday, December 8, 2008

cruise for 2


Well for the most part the weather cooperated for our cruise to Port Orchard. There were supposed to be other boats joining us there but it seems like Sam and I were the only ones hardy enough (or foolish enough) to make the trip.

Saturday evening they had a Christmas boat lighting contest on the guest dock. I went with just plain small white lights but everyone else went all out. There was even a boat with an old fashioned popcorn maker on it. Boats had lights by the 100's, Xmas wreaths, decorated trees, garland, stockings, and even a boat with a large Santa, sleigh, and Rudolph. Guess we will have to work on our decorating for next year. I just decided we would be simple though now we will have to amp it up a bit.

They even had a fireworks show that was quite impressive - Carla, Dave, Sam and I were all very impressed. So what if it was December I think there is always a reason for fireworks on a barge over the water.

Later on Saturday the wind started to pick up and swing our lights about wildly. Sam was smart enough to take down the mast lights but then he left them on the deck and in the middle of the night had to go get them. It definitely got to blowing but fortunately he didn't wake me up and ask to go assist, excellent decision on his part. I will have to admit I could actually get into this winter cruising thing though I am even more grateful for the espresso machine.

No comments: