Friday, November 7, 2008

happiness steps


The BBC did a study for 3 months in a town in England to find out if these simple things could make a difference in their happiness - turns out it worked. Here are the 10 simple items:

1. Plant something and nurture it
2. Count your blessings - at least five - at the end of each day
3. Take time to talk - have an hour-long conversation with a loved one each week
4. Phone a friend whom you have not spoken to for a while and arrange to meet up
5. Give yourself a treat every day and take the time to really enjoy it
6. Have a good laugh at least once a day
7. Get physical - exercise for half an hour three times a week
8. Smile at and/or say hello to a stranger at least once each day
9. Cut your TV viewing by half
10. Spread some kindness - do a good turn for someone every day

Some of these I already do but not as frequently as I should. I am going to give it a try and modify it along the way as I see fit. I definitely think my treat each day will have to be good quality chocolate - should have brought more chocolates back from Brussels.

No comments: