Wednesday, November 5, 2008

fall is in the air


Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. One would think in Seattle it would be summer but while I love summer (or what little of it we had this year - where exactly is global warming taking place anyways) fall is the season I love.

In part it has to do with Halloween and Thanksgiving, here are 2 holidays that focus on my favorite things - chocolate and turkey or in my case turkey sandwiches. I also love the crisp air - or soggy air here and the leaves changing color. Since we have someone who cleans up our yard the leaves seem to be even prettier now that we don't spend days raking them up. Though we do have a few less with the removal of one huge maple in the front yard.

I terribly miss not working in downtown Seattle but my drive to our Redmond office is beautiful this time of year and since we move so slowly on the road I definitely have time to enjoy it. It does make the commute go by faster and and I love seeing the fall colors and the morning fog on the lake.

Plus fall means pumpkin lattes and soon we will have eggnog lattes - just another reason to love fall. Oh and did I mention boots which means more shoe choices in the fall season no wonder fall is my favorite time of year.

No comments: