Monday, November 24, 2008

apple cup - how sweet it was


All Cougs want a winning season but ultimately we want to beat the Huskies. Even with our losing season a win over the Huskies suddenly makes it a much more successful season. The season we went to the Rose Bowl and lost to the Huskies still holds bitter disappointment for me. Sam didn't even try and speak to me all Sunday that year after the game, he just knew better.

I must be honest and admit I had my doubts and was nervous to watch the game. It wasn't looking good until my new buddy Ty chose to punt when the Huskies were on their own 36 yard line. Now I have really liked him for a few years now since the Huskies have sunk to new lows under his leadership but he really upped his stock on Saturday afternoon. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to take it into overtime - Ty you are definitely on my Christmas list now! Maybe some of that yummy Cougar Gold cheese?

It wasn't pretty but it was a win over the Huskies. I have to say though watching it the second time was even better. I even taped it for Sam since he was with his mom in New Mexico so he can relive the game that for just a few hours made us forget the rest of our pitiful season. I am certainly up for watching it for the 3rd time.

A whole year of bragging rights once again! Thanks Cougs for never giving up even when I had almost nailed the coffin shut.

No comments: