Monday, November 17, 2008

forget football its basketball season


Finally I can switch gears and move on to college basketball season. I love college football but the Cougar season has been so painful I have stopped watching and listening to the games though I still check online, I just can't help myself. It has gotten so bad that I am surprised we even got the one win. When your team has to hold open tryouts at the college because the 3 quarterbacks on the roster are injured they are in sorry shape. Oh and it seems #4 was hurt this weekend.

Instead I have been wishing and hoping for Cougar Basketball season to start. A few years ago I dreaded and often ignored our basketball team since they were almost as bad as our football team but the past 2 years have changed all that. March Madness anyone? Now basketball has kept me sane and hopeful during our miserable football season.

The first game was Saturday evening and the Cougs beat Mississippi State 75-25. At first I felt a bit bad but then I remembered the beatings we have suffered in football this season. When USC takes a knee a few yards from the end zone in the second quarter you are bad. At least Mississippi State scored unlike several of our football games this season. When was the last time the Cougs didn't score - well I am too embarrassed to even bring it up but trust me we had the 2nd longest scoring streak in the nation until this year.

So I think it was time we were on the other end of the beating - we were so. Thanks to our Bball team giving me hope during the past few miserable months of a football season one I typically wait for all year. I just kept saying and thinking at least Basketball season is coming soon.

Go Cougar Basketball! Oh did I mention the Husky Basketball team lost to the superpower that is Portland. After all the best Coug weekend for me is a Cougar win and a Husky loss.

No comments: