Wednesday, April 15, 2009

tax day on the 14th instead


I am not sure what happened this year but our taxes were filed a day ahead of schedule. I didn't even get my days messed up and think it was somehow the 15th - nope I actually got it done before the deadline. I think this might be the first year ever. That meant I didn't have the adrenaline rush I get on the 15th trying to race down to the tax advisor or making a panicked phone call to Sam reminding him to stop by and sign before midnight.

Actually it was a bit of a letdown that on the 15th I was already done. No moaning or frantic rush - instead just another Wednesday.

At the tax place when people mentioned waiting to the last minute on Tuesday I spoke up and said I was way ahead of schedule - about 30 hours in fact. Though it didn't seem anyone was all that impressed with my accomplishment.
When others talked about filing extensions or hurrying home to meet the deadline I had nothing to share or commiserate about - I was done already. Don't worry Sam I think next year I will wait until the 15th - it just makes it all that more exciting and really they don't need my money a day earlier.

No comments: