Monday, February 9, 2009

snow?


I woke up this morning to snow in our backyard. If there was any way I could have shipped it off to the ski hills I would have. For the past few weeks I have been wishing for snow at the ski resorts but no such luck. My Stevens Pass daily ski updates have been dismal - no reason to skip work at all, or even long to skip work.

Instead it seems somehow wires got crossed and there was snow in my backyard this morning. I wanted it someplace else instead and sure enough that hasn't happened at least not according to my Stevens Pass email this morning as it still only showed 1" of new snow in the last 48 hours. Come on we got more than an inch at our house.

Something is wrong here and it is snowing in the wrong place - my backyard for one. Now the sun is out - yes you read this correctly the sun is shining in Seattle. So it is all messed up - snow and sun in Seattle. All I can hope is that this sun thing continues as without any good skiing I might actually make Sam very happy and ask about going sailing.

Things are truly messed up here in my world - am thinking of winter sailing instead of skiing. Lets hope the universe (or at least the Seattle area) gets straightened out quickly as who knows what I will be thinking of next.

No comments: