Monday, February 23, 2009

new color scheme


For some reason I really like to change the paint colors in our house. In fact I have done it so often my sister T (Tanya) says the square footage of our house has decreased because I have painted so many times. It could actually be true.

I have gone through all sorts of phases - a cream only phase, very light colors, neutrals, browns, various greens, and now I am a vivid red, yellow, with some gray thrown in. I am known to paint an entire room, decide I don't like and repaint within days. I don't even want to admit how many times I repainted our kitchen after the remodel but it was more than 4 times.

Typically I paint while Sam is out of town. Painting is something he doesn't do but has plenty of input on so I find it best just to have it done when he gets home since I know he won't repaint it himself.

For a while every time Sam would leave town he knew he would come back to at least 1 room repainted. Since Sam left the country today it must be time for me to change some room color drastically. If the change isn't dramatic I don't personally see the reason doing it at all.

I got out my paint strips to contemplate just what color scheme I would be up for next. But so far I haven't gotten inspired. I must still be in my red phase. I did notice yesterday at the stores I was very drawn to lime green though that could be a carryover from my sister C's baby shower theme as well.

But it has been a year since I changed the paint color in any room - at least I think so. Last time I said something to the affect it had been a while someone pointed out it was only about 4 months ago.

Since Sam is gone for 2 weeks this time I will have plenty of time to become inspired. After all I might have lost my contractor status at Sherwin Williams since I haven't been down there on a regular basis. Yes I painted so often and bought so much paint they started giving me the contractor's discount.

It might be time to find out if I am still eligible. So be prepared Sam you might come back to even less square footage. I wonder how you explain how your house shrunk when you go to sell it?

No comments: