Tuesday, April 15, 2008

deadline oriented



Well it is the day of the year I dread - tax day! Once again I have waited until the last possible minute to have my taxes done. Well in actuality they were done late last evening so I am ahead of schedule but I have to pick them up, sign them, and of course send the IRS a check. Yes this would have once been called procrastination but my sister Tanya says it is really being deadline oriented. The latest I found a post office staying open today in the vicinity of where I live is 7:30. Growing up I remember my dad barely making it to the post office by midnight so I will beat him by hours this evening.

"If it wasn't for the last minute nothing would get done."

1 comment:

tlyndavis said...

Deadline oriented is a much kinder description of my inablity to do anything prior to deadline. The IRS has even allowed me to put the last minute off again - I now have until October 15th. Unfortunately I have to pay now!