Thursday, June 4, 2009

green at home not on the road


One of my absolute favorite things about staying at a hotel is fresh sheets and towels every day. I would love to have fresh sheets every day at home but my job and other activities seem to interfere and I don't have the time or energy. But when I stay at hotels I look forward to climbing in bed with fresh sheets every night.

Now when I stay at hotels I see this little sign that says in order to conserve water please request that your bedding and towels be washed every other day. While the millions of gallons of water definitely sound appealing I would much rather have fresh sheets if someone else is going to wash them. I am paying for someone to do this for me and now you want to guilt me into giving it up? Not happening.

So I have decided in order to keep the planet green while still getting one of my favorite things occasionally I will take fresh sheets and towels at the hotel every night but won't do that at home. If someone else is doing my laundry and making my bed I am going to take advantage of it. I spend much more time at home or on the boat than I do at hotels so really I am being much greener by not sleeping in fresh sheets at home every night (as much as I would like to).

Now I do have to admit if suddenly I win the lottery and have help my rule is out the window and I just might take the 2nd night on my sheets at hotels and have fresh sheets at home every night instead. Now I think I will throw my sheets in the laundry right now so when I climb in bed tonight I will be in fresh sheets - seems I didn't quite get my fill of that this week in Vegas.

No comments: