Wednesday, January 7, 2009

resolutions by Sam

So last evening during dinner together I told Sam about the resolutions I had made. At first he thought I was talking about typical resolutions but I told him this year the ones I made were ones I would love forward to and actually want to complete.

After telling him some of my resolutions he wanted to add a few of his own. Now you might notice none of mine have to do with the boat. This is an area where we spend plenty of time and if we keep the status quo we will spend most of our free time on Zig Zag.

But Sam has proposed the following and almost all have to do with the boat which shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

Spend 100 days on the boat . . . Kayla will dock the boat by herself . . . go further north into Canada on our boat than we ever have before . . . start to figure out a way to spend an entire summer on the boat . . . play more golf this year (I think that what he really wants is a way to carry his clubs on board without taking up more room so maybe this should really say that he wants to invent a collapsible set of clubs) . . . and finally for the the non boat related resolution - to make at least a $1 off of his performance reporting website

Now I pointed out last night I did dock the boat by myself - thank you very much. But he reminded me that he didn't put any caveats on his resolution - like I do when choosing to dock the boat - very little wind, ideal conditions, I feel like it, not too many people watching, nobody on the boat but us, and Sam giving feedback before the process. Turns out he wants me to dock the boat in any circumstances without any feedback or pointers from him.

Well this might be one that I think could be worse than those typical resolutions like losing weight. That at least doesn't involve Sam's favorite toy and the possibility of me crashing into the dock or another boat. Don't worry if you see us coming in to the dock as it will still be Sam at the wheel - this is his resolution not mine.

But come to think of it he is a good salesperson as he did convince to to buy the boat in the first place. This could be his biggest sales job to date though he would really like his ultimate sales test to be me saying I will sail around the world or at least to Hawaii. But maybe that is really his plan when he says he wants me to dock the boat.

2 comments:

Adam Turinas said...

Many thanks for the shout-out on examiner. I have linked to you on my broll. I look forward to getting to know your blog

EVK4 said...

Golf clubs have absolutely no place on a boat...do not let this happen. This superstition doesn't have the history of bananas on board or leaving on a Friday but believe me it's bad luck to try to mix golf and sailing.