Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy 8th Birthday Levi


Dear Levi,

Happy 8th Birthday! I have been an aunt officially for 8 years now which is one of my favorite roles.

Thanks for inviting me to your Lego themed party. I will hold you to your promise that I will be invited to all of your parties even when you turn 16. Just remember how much fun you had picking out your birthday present with Uncle Sam and I think he will continue to let you do that with within reason. I would have to agree with you that it was your best party yet. Unfortunately for your mom the bar is set very high for next year.

Your racetrack was very cool and was a huge hit with your friends, though a 10 lane one may have prevented a few fights and Lego racers that had to be put back together. I am not sure your mom thought it was worth 2 outfits when you and Justin painted it yourselves but secretly I think she may be ok with it now.

Choosing to put together Lego racers was an excellent idea and even gave me the opportunity to impress Sam and others that I could actually put a car together. I think the car I helped build even won a few races. Even better you got legos for your birthday and I helped you assemble a truck, boat, and boat trailer. Your mom and Uncle Sam are amazed that I had this hidden talent. Guess all that IKEA furniture I put together using pictures and an instruction booklet has paid off.

Watching you grow up has been so much fun these past 8 years. The person who you have become is so entertaining and watching your knack for building and creating things is amazing. Thanks for letting me hang out with you the past 8 years - I have had so much fun and many of my favorites memories are of time spent with you.

Hope being 8 is even better than 7 was, though that will be a pretty hard year to beat.

Love you,
Aunt Kayla

No comments: