Tuesday, March 11, 2008

why bother

So I have been trying to exercise more lately, which means that pretty much any exercise will be more than what I was doing previously. I started in January - no it wasn't my resolution since those never seem to make it into February. The plan was to exercise for a minimum of 20 minutes every day and so far I have been consistent other than my Mexico vacation, and those out of town weekends, those mornings when I lay in bed too long, but I digress. The exercise needs to consist of a full 20 minutes minimum - can't count the time when I am refilling my water, getting on my exercise clothes, dragging out my weights, and the time I think about exercising. So with my new exercise plan you would think the pounds would have come off but instead I my clothes fit a bit snugger than before I began exercising. So I thought to myself it was the fact I was getting more muscles and firmer - certainly that would take up more space. This seemed like an excellent theory until I realized in my condition I should really be losing weight even if I did happen to gain some muscle. After examing myself in the mirror I have come to the conclusion that my fat does appear to be firmer. Now granted my fat is still there but it seems to be less jiggly and my arms are feeling firmer though that still doesn't address why my clothes are tighter. Then I remembered that other part of the program includes eating less calories, so being that I don't really want to go to such extreme measures I will just stick with continuing to firm up the fat.

No comments: