Tuesday, March 4, 2008

a pirate birthday for #5

Justin - the birthday boy
Levi in front of the spinnaker
Justin & Angela
the treasure chest cake


My nephew Justin is now officially 5. His birthday was on February 28th but since his party wasn't until Sunday he said it was a waste of a birthday - guess the party is the most important part -which I can certainly relate too. With his love of boats the pirate theme fit perfectly. Tanya made a treasure chest cake which Sam claimed to be the best cake yet though I am still a bit partial to the train cake still. Tanya makes a cake for each party which fits the birthday theme and they always are a huge hit, though I do have to admit my favorite part is eating a huge slice. The treasure hunt was a huge favorite and Sam's idea of adding sails to the playhouse turned out very well in spite of my skepticism.

No comments: