Thursday, February 28, 2008

memories of my grandmother

hiking up Silver Falls . . .perfectly golden brown toasted marshmallows while mine were catching on fire - the patience I never had . . . the color pink . . . playing memory together but I never won a game . . . the best apple pie ever though she couldn't give you the recipe . . . getting my very own apple pie for my birthday one year . . . scalloped potatoes with ham . . . naps where she would hold on tightly and know if you moved an eyelid . . . a house that got hotter with each passing year . . . KFC chicken . . . scrubbing the floors on her hands and knees until I introduced her to the swifter . . . National Geographic & Readers Digest magazines - she kept all of the issues . . . camping trips. . . grandma and grandpa holding hands



I will miss you grandma

No comments: