Thursday, January 7, 2010

2010 resolutions


In the spirit of 2009 and the resolutions I made I am going to do the same thing this year. I want resolutions I look forward to and want to accomplish instead of being disappointed or setting resolutions for things I should do like loosing weight, eating better, exercising more, and all those other ones that we all wish would happen each year but suddenly we need to have the same ones again the next year since they didn't quite happen like we had hoped.

So I will leave the gym in January for the rest of you and concentrate on what I want to do this next year.

visit a country I haven't gone to before . . . try making homemade cheese . . . take 2 days off every quarter for no reason other than I need a break . . . run a 5K in less than 32 minutes . . . decide to fly somewhere on a weekend with less than a weeks notice . . . live on the boat for a month or 2 . . . take at least 10 random pictures every week . . . go visit 4 new places we haven't gone before on the boat . . . write 5 blog entries per month . . . try wakeboarding . . . try to stay off email on the weekends . . . learn to make sushi . . . call a different friend each week I don't normally get a chance to talk with much . . . drink more tea . . . try new entrees at my favorite restaurants . . . take more walks in the rain . . . go to to the Superbowl in Miami . . . go somewhere warm and tropical . . . do absolutely nothing for an entire day . . . send a handwritten letter once a week to someone . . . try a new recipe every week . . . go swimming or wading whenever I have the opportunity . . . give out more compliments.

Now these are reasons to look forward to 2010. Goodbye 2009 I am ready for the next year and all it brings.

No comments: