Wednesday, May 6, 2009

opening day coug style


The first weekend in May marks the opening day of boating season in Seattle. Now we definitely open up the season before May but then in our world boating season doesn't close though maybe we don't go out every weekend in the winter months. So really I guess May might be our opening day announcing that from now until October there will be very few weekends that don't involve a boat.

I can just see the huge grin on Sam's face as he reads that and realizes that I have accepted this. Really our calendar could just say boat from here on out and be pretty accurate.

Once again we participated in the opening day parade with the Cougar Yacht Club. This year Levi and Justin came with Tanya and they were pretty excited about the parade. Plus we needed additional people to help yell out "Go Cougs" through the Montlake cut and by the log boom.

Once again it was a great day and the Cougs represented well. Levi and Justin are hooked and are looking forward to next year - as evidenced by the pictures they need a few more years to grow into their sweatshirts as well.

The only thing I don't really get is the white pants. I mean white pants aren't ever practical but on a boat it is a disaster - well mine really need to be bleached now. Makes one realize how dirty our clothes actually get and we don't normally realize. But from a distance they look pretty good so I guess that is what matters. But really I would like to work on boating opening day fashion just a bit. Wonder how I get on the fashion committee?

No comments: